Taylor is now 4 1/2 months old and seems to be doing new things everyday. She is rolling over (tummy to back), can sit without support (while leaned forward a bit) for up to 20ish seconds, grabs for anything within reach (like my hair, ouch), babbles constantly, laughs out loud, watches the cats, watches the cars go by, loves to watch the American flag we have blow in the wind and lots of others! She sleeps very well through the night, but naps are still a struggle - we seem to be making progress as for the past week or so she is taking consistent 45 min - 1 hour long naps, 3 times a day (she took a 2 1/2 hour nap yesterday afternoon, I am still in shock). She doesn't take a pacifier (and acts like its the most disgusting thing on the planet), but will suck on my knuckle to go to sleep and is starting to suck her thumb. I am trying to encourage the thumb sucking because really nothing comforts or soothes except JT and I. She loves her playmat and grabbing the toys that jingle. She is starting to like her jumperoo more, but still hasn't figured out how to jump. She still doesn't like to be strapped into her car seat (or really anything for that matter) and is usually fine after a short while. Her eyes are very blue and the new hair coming in is very blonde - that equals trouble come the teens years! She loves to go outside no matter the temperature or weather. She hardly ever sits still and is always movin' and shakin'. I swear she is going to walk any day now :) She only tolerates bath time and clinches her fists - and she always smiles once we turn the water off and she knows we are done (so funny). When is doesn't fall asleep while eating, bouncing with her by running water always does the trick (at least for now). In the afternoons, we wait outside for JT to come home and once she sees him she is all smiles (no doubt is a Daddy's girl). She eats every 3 hours, and can stay awake about 2 hours at a time - then the wheels come off! She is very happy baby and is just taking everything in. Like I said, she is discovering and doing new things everyday!
As for JT and I - we are figuring out this parenting thing! We still have a LONG way to go, but doing pretty well I think. I have been going to my cardio kickboxing class (that I took pre-pregnancy) twice a week in the evenings while JT spends time with Taylor. He is such a wonderful husband and father - he encourages me to go, even when I don't want to. I always feel good afterward and glad I went. It appears to be helping as some of my pre-pregnancy clothes are fitting better. We enjoy our walks in the late afternoon/evening while the weather is pleasant. Come July those walks won't be pleasant - it will be blistering HOT! Soon we can get out the jogging stroller and go running together - Taylor has to be able to sit up on her own in order to use it. I don't miss my job, just the people there, and can't imagine anyone else taking care of Taylor all day. Even on the bad days, I am glad its me and not someone else. And now that she is napping better, it gives me a break in the day (like now) where before there were no breaks - at least not consistently. I can't wait for the summer months to come where she will be doing all kinds of new things - like swimming! I have a swimsuit all ready to go for her - I just hope it fits, she is growing like a weed! JT and I feel so blessed to have her in our lives and can't imagine it without her now!
Here are some recent pics of our sweet Taylor


No comments:
Post a Comment