
First, I want to discuss this picture. It was taken almost exactly a year before Taylor was born at our Christmas party. My first thought is wow I look rested! And is that makeup (a foreign object to me now)?! I really like this picture because we all look very happy - my Dad isn't the best at taking pictures as he doesn't like to smile, but we gotcha this time, Dad! I love Christmastime, the spirit, the lights, the trees, the happiness everywhere - this picture encompasses all of that. December for us is going to be the busiest month - JT turns 30 (yikes, when did we get old?!), Taylor turns 1, Christmas, and my mom turns...well, her birthday is celebrated that month too! :) Now that I think of it, maybe I should start my shopping now...
I was reminded this weekend how blessed I am to have my parents. JT was gone to the rifle range for the reserves from Thursday to Sunday. I normally absolutely dread the weekends where he is gone, but this weekend was quite pleasant. My parents got a crib for their house so Taylor and I were able to spend the night. I have mentioned before how I admire the single, working moms out there - it ain't easy! I always welcome those wanting to help with Taylor, lugging around a 20 lb. child gets quite tiresome and even just someone to carry her to the car is so nice! Don't get me wrong I LOVE getting to spend everyday with Taylor, but I need a break every now and then and when JT is gone for 4 days - there are no breaks! So, last weekend was wonderful with more than willing hands to help out. We swam, played, crawled, and they even took her to the park on Sunday morning while I slept! And slept I did, I woke at 9:15 in a panic - Taylor needs to nap! She decided she wanted to wake before 6 am. She took a good long nap and woke very happy. That always makes me happy.
I love my parents dearly. I love how my Dad is never too busy at work to talk to me when I call, and will drop everything to meet Taylor and I at Chipotle for lunch. I love how my Mom seems genuinely interested in how my trip to Walmart went, if Taylor napped well, what I am cooking this week, and countless other insignificant things to other people but very significant to me. There is no trial run with kids, and we quickly learned that with Taylor - everything is on the fly! There is no practice round or warm-up and definitely no instruction manual, but my parents did pretty well with me and I hope JT and I can do as good of a job with Taylor. Thanks Mom and Dad for having us over this weekend, we had a blast! (Mom don't cry)
Pictures from last weekend:
Swimming!



Trip to the park, while I slept!





Texting Clark and Eleanor saying she can't meet up with them later, she's hanging at Nana and Grandpa's house
5 comments:
Thanks KT and Taylor for the kind words. We had a great time too!
Nana
What great pictures, especially those in the swing (and of course, texting her crew) ;) CUTE!!!
Excellent and what a great tribute to your parents, love that. The pictures were wonderful and this Christmas will be truly a joyful one.
Love you all.
Great Grannie
Cute Katie. It is a Blessing having grandparents close by that want to be so involved with our grandchildren. We are lucky!!
oh, that was me
(kara)
Post a Comment