Thursday, December 17, 2009

The Graduate


On Monday JT graduated with his Masters in Geology! With a 4.0 I might add. Nerd.


As everyone knows graduations are usually lengthy and lots of sitting is involved. And everyone knows that Taylor does not just sit for longer than a couple minutes. When we got there and found a seat in the balcony (the lower level was full) they had an orchestra playing and lots of people finding their seat - so the little tornado just sat for a mere 10 minutes. Here's proof:


These signs were posted everywhere.

I chuckled and thought, I've got a really big noisemaker right here!

All Taylor wanted to do was run around once the orchestra stopped and the ceremony started. Thankfully, JT was in the beginning so we got to see him walk across the stage and yell for him. The majority of the hour long ceremony (it felt like MUCH longer) was spent out in the lobby where she wanted to sit on the tile floor right outside of the mens bathroom. I think she liked the little hallway the door was in. We went back inside a few times, where Taylor liked all the clapping and joined in.

On a more serious note, I am so proud of JT for working so incredibly hard (again, 4.0) to provide more for his family in the long run. His tremendous work ethic is amazing. So amazing that he would love to get his PhD, but financially we just can't swing it. Now comes the big job hunt. We are hoping for a job in Fort Worth, but it looks like he will be working in Dallas. The natural oil and gas company he works for part-time will probably offer him a full time position. In this day and age, any full time job with benefits is such a blessing. He has to finish up working for his professor at UTA until mid-January, which gives him just a smidge of time post graduation to look in Fort Worth for potential jobs. Any contacts or job leads are appreciated - hint, hint!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a big step and congratulation JT the world is now open to you. I am proud of you all and Taylor looks pleased too.

Letta