Saturday, January 2, 2010

Top 10 of 2009

Here are a few top 10's from the past year

Top 10 Things I Have Learned
10. Acting silly to get your child to laugh is totally worth it. Even in public.
9. No matter how annoying/loud/obnoxious a toy is, it's better than a screaming child
8. Everything is a phase, give it time and it will change
7. Nap time is a great, great thing. (bearing your child actually takes a nap)
6. Never underestimate a schedule, it works wonders
5. And never underestimate Grandparents, the work wonders too
4. Always close the toilet, unless you want to find a surprise in it later
3. No matter how loudly your child is screaming, the world is not ending and tomorrow will be a better day
2. Don't blink because you might miss something great
1. Through everything, love conquers all


10 Things I Say Way Too Much
10. 'Taylor, get out of the bathroom'
9. 'What do you have?'
8. 'Taylor, you can't have my cell phone. Who are you calling?'
7. 'No, you can't have the remote control'
6. 'Did you poop?'
5. 'Taylor, be nice to the kitties' or "Phoenix, be nice to Taylor'
4. 'Let's get your shoes on, where are your shoes?'
3. 'Where is your Daddy?'
2. 'Taylor, no you can't play with the extension cord'
1. 'What is that in your mouth?!'

10 Things That Make Me Smile
10. Taylor's bed-head
9. When JT makes my coffee in the morning
8. Taylor's shake-her-booty style of dancing
7. Taylor's reaction to a dog (I need to get this on video, she goes crazy for dogs)
6. Watching Taylor run to the door when JT gets home, she loves her Daddy
5. Taylor at The Little Gym, she absolutely loves that place
4. Having a clean house (it's a rare occurrence)
3. Family hugs with all 3 of us
2. Seeing Taylor and JT together
1. When Taylor looks around for me, then smiles immediately when she spots me. Just making sure I didn't leave.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

grandpa Russ and Nana Jackie say this is very sweet.

Anonymous said...

This is much better than making statements and prediction you can't keep. Shows you love your family and that is the best.

Great Gram

Anonymous said...

Sweetest post ever!!! I loved reading that!!!! Also, the picture of your tree on the last post with the snow outside was really great!

Anonymous said...

btw... I am going to steal this post idea. Its great!

Debbie Kaler said...

I loved your "Top Ten"!! We were in Phx for Christmas so thank you for the lovely picture with the tree and snow. Taylor is so beautiful!! Loved all the pictures!

Debbie