Wednesday, January 26, 2011

32 Weeks

32 weeks down, 8 more to go.  We are slowly getting ready for Emma Kate's arrival.  Here is an updated picture in her room - consider it a sneak peak at her nursery.

I wanted to do something completely different in Emma Kate's room - teal and brown.  So far, I am really liking it.  We really haven't done much - got the room painted, moved the crib to her room, and bought new bedding.  We are in the process of putting together her dresser so I can figure out what all I have for clothes and get those put away.  Her room is a work in progress.

Yesterday I had a check-up with a sonogram to measure her growth.  And she is definitely growing!  They estimate her to be about 5 lbs 2 oz right now, with her being about 8.5 pounds at full term.  Taylor was over 8 lbs, so I was not surprised to hear that Emma Kate is on the bigger side.  Big babies don't scare me.  

Part of the sonogram is getting to see the baby in 3d!  Here is the best picture that we got.  
Pretty cool.  The sonograms these days are so detailed, it's amazing.  

We also learned that she has a LOT of hair.  This is a picture of the back of her head with it flowing behind her.
Even the sonogram tech was shocked to see so much.  Taylor wasn't bald, but she didn't have this much hair at birth.   I guess those bows and clips we got at Christmas will come in handy.  

I am feeling overall pretty good, I just tire out so easily.  Carrying around a 27 pound child while 32 weeks pregnant is not for the weak.  It's getting hard for me to sit on the floor and play with her these days since I have this bowling ball in my belly.  But, it will all end soon enough and we will have 2 little girls!  Right now, we are enjoying the last few weeks of having just 1 child because it's all going to change!  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! It looks like you could put her hair in a ponytail... You look wonderful for being 32 weeks pregnant. You won't have much baby weight to lose at all. We are looking forward to meeting Emma Kate in March....and so happy for you, JT and big sister Taylor.

Love
Aunt Linda

Cassie said...

Love the pictures-the hair shot is so cool!