Whew! We registered at Babies R Us on Saturday and I am still recovering. We were there for over 3 hours, and for someone who is not a shopper that is an eternity. But, I feel good about the selections we... err, I made. JT was a good little husband and just followed along behind me doing things I asked. He got different strollers down so I could test drive them and this was not a small task considering it was a Saturday afternoon with lots of pregnant or newly unpregnant women. He figured out how to work them (even getting out the manual in the store) and gave his two cents when asked :) He also went to Sonic to hit up their happy hour that was across the street...mostly to give him somthing else to do and I was thirsty. Thank goodness for half price Cherry Limeades. We picked out everything from a stroller (thanks to JT's stroller figuring out abilities) to wash cloths to lotion to chaning pads. LOTS to choose from. LOTS. We even decided to go ahead and buy a glider (rocker) that we both really like. Apparently it's the "Cadillac" of gliders and the price reflects that, and takes 10-12 weeks to get here! Now, my only question is why would they have something on the sales floor to test drive that takes 3 months to get? The salesperson wasn't the most helpful either when I told him I wanted to put it on my registry. His response was "I don't usually like doing that." Because it takes so long to get it delivered and because it would requrire him to look up the model number...not impressed. Does he know that he is talking to a cranky, tired pregnant women? I said "Well nevermind then". Then he said "Sorry to rain on your parade". Well, you did! After registering some more, we decided that we did still want that particular glider and to go ahead and buy it ourselves now to ensure that we would in fact even get it, and get it before December. Stupid Cadillac glider. All in all it was a good trip to Babies R Us with only minor meltdowns on my part.
1 comment:
Okay, I am LOVING reading your stories. You sound like my twin or something. I remember having experiences so much like that, and thoughts like that too. What kind of employee says, "Sorry to rain on your parade." Wow. That is pretty horrible. I am glad you got the cadillac of gliders, it is WELL worth the investment. I was cracking up at how you were describing J.T. as being a good little husband. Lol. That also reminds me of Aaron and how sweet and patient he was and always is with me.
Y'all are adorable!
Post a Comment