Thursday, September 25, 2008

30 weeks

I am 30 weeks along as of today, which means only 10 weeks left until Taylor gets here! I know I keep saying it, but I just can't believe how fast everything is going by. I told J.T. last night that I was getting scared about having a baby to take care of! It's a scary thought but J.T. assured me that we will be OK. Just a little pre-game jitters I guess. I am trying to think about what a combination of J.T. and I would look like, act like, or be like. Of course we don't care what she looks like or anything...but sure hoping that she is athletic! If not, I won't know what to do. I know next to nothing about hair, makeup and all that goes with it. Guess I will just have to learn! She will definitely have the athletic genes, let's just hope he wants to use them. :)

I have started to feel more tired lately. My doctor said it should kick in about now and will continue until the end. Which I take to mean "the end of time" since once a baby is born you are tired and sleeping in is a thing of the past. I do love my sleep, so I am trying to take advantage of the quiet house now before Taylor arrives :) I am getting excited about what's to come and the way our lives will change. Everyone tells me how much our lives will change, I am just looking forward as to how. No one tells you exactly how it will change, and am excited to find out. Someone did describe it to me as there will be just a lot more of everything. A lot more love, a lot more worry, a lot more good times, bad times and amazing times. I thought that was such a neat way to describe it and has stuck in my head since he told me. If this is the case, I can't wait.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, whoever told you that it would be a lot more of everything is very right. I was cracking up reading about your wording of 'until the end of time', but have no fear! lol I am starting to feel rested again, and Jessie is only three. I remember having those pre-game jitters with Kathryn too, but I think you and JT will do wonderfully. Here is my one tip, just remember that sometimes babies just cry and all you can do is try to console them [walking, rocking, etc]. For me personally this helped most of my 'mommy issues' once I really wrapped my brain around it. 10 more weeks!!!!! YAY!!!! :)

Laura and Lane said...

I can't believe you have 10 more weeks. I am going to miss you so much at work!!! I am requesting you bring her up to visit 2 times a week. Just kidding (or am I?!) :)