Today is my 28th birthday. 28 just sounds so much closer to 30 than 27 did. Age is just a number, right? This past weekend we did some good celebrating! On Saturday night JT and I were planning on going to Olive Garden for an early celebration since my birthday this year is on a Monday. We were out for a late afternoon walk with Taylor when I see someone parked behind JT's jeep, I just assumed it was my parents since they were coming over to babysit while we went out. I see two people get out and start waving at us. We were still a few houses down and couldn't figure out who it was, so I just stared back without waving trying to figure out who it was. My mind finally clicked and it was my very good friend from work, Laura and her husband Lane! JT had arranged with them earlier in the week to come out to dinner with us and surprise me, what a great surprise since I hadn't seen Laura since they came over when Taylor was just a week old. We went out and had a GREAT time. Thanks you guys for driving out here, I know its no short trek.
Then on Sunday we went over to my parents house for dinner. Somewhere along the way it has become a tradition of mine to have shish-kabobs on my birthday. Either grilled by my Dad or JT (in Hawaii when my Dad wasn't with us). I love them so much and my Dad does an excellent job, thanks Dad! Taylor was pretty good the whole time we were over there, she is making such cute expressions, as you can see below I got some good pictures. She was pretty tired, falling asleep in the car before we even got out of the driveway. Too much excitement for her to handle.




Family Portrait

I think it's time to go

Too much excitement for her

When we got home we bathed, fed and put Taylor to sleep. She was asleep by 7:00 pm and slept until 7:00 am, Hallelujah! About 8:00 pm our friends that host our church small group, Karen and Michael, stopped by to wish me a Happy Birthday and gave me cupcakes! I LOVE cupcakes...they even made a teeny tiny one for Taylor. SO cute. Thanks guys!

Here's to another great birthday!
No comments:
Post a Comment