Sunday, July 19, 2009

Our Oasis

The patio is complete! Like I said in a previous post, we (read: JT) have been wanting to put in a patio in our backyard since we moved into this house 2 1/2 years ago. We so happened to pick the hottest days to do it on, not a lot of fun but, hey, its done! I found some really good deals on patio chairs at Garden Ridge last weekend and luckily our friends from Shreveport, Jennifer and Todd, were visiting us so we had them bring their truck - it worked out very nicely. I found the table at Lowes that I knew would match very well with the chairs, so we got everything all at once! I usually like to shop around until I find the best deal, but with a baby to tend to (who also runs our daily schedule with her feeding and naptimes) and a truck handy I figured just get it now so I wouldn't worry about it later. Anyways, we still have a little left to do around the edges like plant some monkey grass and rake more dirt, but all the 'hard' labor is complete. I tell you what, shoveling and raking gravel is NO fun - not to mention in 105 degree weather (not exaggerating). Here are the before, during and after pictures:




There was a lot of this going on as JT laid the stones down. It required some thinking to make sure the pattern was consistent throughout the patio, which entailed doing some math to figure it all out. There is where JT comes in, not me.

Taylor helped too!



As you can see, it was a long process but it's nice to sit here (as I type this I am sitting out on the patio listening to the birds chirp) knowing that we (well, mostly JT) built it. It's a good feeling. Welcome to our new oasis.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Patio look great and you will sure love it. Good Job. I am back and seems Taylor has really started to move. Sorry she was sick but that is normal for babies they catch things.

Great Grannie

Marisa Phillips said...

Katie that is AWESOME!!! OMG that's a lot of work to get done. I can't wait to come see it! :)