Saturday, July 11, 2009

Whirlwind

So much has happened in the last week, I am not sure where to start. I guess I will start with the most prominent in my memory - we survived Taylor's first sickness. And let me tell you it was no picnic. I could tell she wasn't acting her usual smiley, cheerful self last weekend and on Monday she was really not feeling well. I chalked it up to teething because she had all the symptoms: disrupted sleep, loss of appetite, wouldn't let me anywhere near her mouth, and fussy. Monday night was awful; lots of crying (and some points screaming) and she was up every couple of hours. I could tell she had a fever, so gave her Tylenol every 4 hours and that seemed to help, but only a little. It looked like she was grabbing at her ears, so I though it was an ear infection combined with teething. We made a doctor's appointment first thing Tuesday morning just to be sure it wasn't something really serious. Well, it wasn't teething and her ears looked fine; poor girl had a viral infection in her throat. Which apparently there is nothing you can do for a viral infection except wait it out (and give them Tylenol as needed) that lasts 5-7 days. And it took about that long until she was back to her happy self. We survived! Here she is the day she is was feeling all better.


She has reached several milestones just in the last week! It's hard to keep track but here they are:

1. Able to sit up on her own without falling flat on her face
2. Crawling - she is really moving now
3. Going from crawling to sitting with ease
4. Can feed herself Cheerios. Most of them either stick to her hand or end up on the floor, but she knows how to do it
5. We are pretty sure she said "Dada" - and only JT was in the room, but we both heard it
6. Can do 'downward dog' - for those non-yoga people (like myself) thats when you have your hands and feet on the floor and your butt in the air. I swear this child just wants to get up and go!
7. AND yesterday I found a tooth starting to come through her gums. So maybe part of it was teething, either way here we go again.... ready or not

All of these just in the last week!!! Not to mention we decided to finally put in the patio we have been wanting to build since we have moved in this house (2 1/2 years ago), had to get a new garage door, and have someone come look at the refrigerator, all the while trying to tend to a sick baby. WHEW! I am beat.

Feeling better and watching Daddy work on the patio


Feeding herself Cheerios (actually Gerber Puffs, they dissolve in their mouth for those babies without teeth)



Sitting up is no problem!


Wanting to just GO! Her version of the yoga pose 'downward dog'


Here is a sneak peak at the patio. It is almost done, but now JT has to cut some of the stone - more than he anticipated, which is very time consuming so it's not 100% complete. This is it about halfway done. We worked on it pretty much non-stop for 3 days - yes, in the 105 degree heat. Don't worry, we only had Taylor out with us in the mornings when it was pleasant.


AND baby Jake was born early this morning at 12:03 am! He is a healthy 8 lbs 4 oz and 21 inches long. Rachel is doing great! Welcome to the world Jake.

Think that's it! What a week. Let's hope next week is a little less hectic. Teething - bring it on!

No comments: