First, I must say that Taylor is the star of the forward roll in Little Gym class! The way they do the roll is they are held at the waist, and then held upside down where they are supposed to put their hands down and tuck their head, then flip their legs over (if you can follow that, I should get a video of it). Well, most babies don't put their hands down right away and/or don't tuck their head at all. Not Taylor. She puts her hands right down and immediately tucks her head, and over she goes! Even the other mom's comment on how well she does it. I just beam with pride. That's our little star athlete. Maybe it's her natural athletic ability or maybe I am getting just a little ahead of myself. Either way I am VERY proud of her!
Secondly, she took her first step yesterday one day short of her 9 month birthday! I am not sure if it counts or not but I was practicing with her standing on her own, which she has done for up 10 seconds before, she stood there getting her balance for a couple seconds then took one step towards me then fell right into me!!! Needless to say, I was extremely excited. Everyday she gets better at standing, letting go of the furniture (or whatever she is holding on to) for a couple seconds then falls/sits down. It won't be long until she is running around this place!
And lastly she has started mimicing me. Today in the car I waved 'bye bye' to see if she would do it back to me, (something we have been working on) I did it for awhile with her merely staring back at me so I stopped and turned to look out the window and when I turned back she was waving bye bye! I guess she just wanted to do it on her own time and when she was ready, or she just needed some time to think about it, who knows but again I was so proud and excited! She will also shake her head if I shake mine first, it's quite cute. She is doing something new everyday it seems and trying to soak it all up before she gets to be a toddler and I can't remember her baby days. Sigh.
I don't like to post unless I have pictures, so here are some taken over the past week
Look at all that hair! Yes, it's still sticking up
At her first wedding, where she was very well behaved. I kept waiting for her to yell 'BA-BA-BA-BA!' or something equally disruptive, but she hardly made a peep.
Can you tell she is teething? Ball, anyone?
Up to no good
2 comments:
You are so right about this picture you can see the devilment in her eyes. Just trying to see how far she can go. You are in for a merry ride with this one. It will be fun.
Great Grannie Letta
Of course it counts!! I am so excited for Taylor, big walkin' girl that she is now. Watchout mom!
Post a Comment