Monday, October 5, 2009

Pumpkin Patch

Last weekend we took Taylor to kids day at Calloways nursery that is right down the road from our house. I got a flyer in the mail listing all the kids activities as well as free popcorn - truth be told, the free popcorn got my attention. I knew Taylor would be too small to participate in the activities (pumpkin decorating, sidewalk chalk, etc) but still thought it would be fun to go...and get some free popcorn. It was a gorgeous morning, so off we went! I was planning on taking a few pictures while there, but there were TONS of photo ops so needless to say I snapped my fair share of pictures, and then some.






She loved the pumpkins, doing her latest 'ooooooh-ing' at them. And why not?! They are brightly colored, fun to bang like a drum (her latest hobby), and on her level. We mostly just walked around the different displays and let her explore - while I munched on over-salted popcorn and snapped more pictures





Of course we had to buy a few pumpkins for our yard, and they were 30% off! 'Kids day' is apparently a marketing ploy to get adults to come in and buy pumpkins that will most likely rot before Halloween....oh well, it worked on us! Here is Taylor waiting in line to pay with her balloon that she got. Don't take her face too seriously, she was watching the balloon guy fill the balloons with helium. Pretty cool if you've never seen it before!

It was fun, and next year will be even better!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great day and such sweet pictures. She looks like she was really having a good time.

geat grannie

Cassie said...

Aww wish we would have known about that! I think we are taking Hendrix to Mainstay Farm sometime soon.

Marisa Phillips said...

Oh, all those pictures are so cute. It's hard to pick a favorite! They're all keepers, how do you narrow down pictures of your baby?? This is my current fascination. How on earth am I going to pare down the thousands of pictures we have already, to keep for posterity? Anyway, I say you put ALL of these in your album for Taylor. They are growing so fast!