Tuesday, February 9, 2010

First Haircut

Sorta.  I really needed to cut Taylor's bangs since they were getting in her eyes and her hair grows so straight that it won't go to one side or the other.  I called a kid's haircut place just to see if you needed an appointment and how much it cost - $17.95!  WHAT?!  To cut a 1-year-olds hair?  No, thanks.  

I have been JT's barber for some time now - I learned how to cut a 'high and tight' to save money when he was active duty since they are required to have their hair cut once a week.  A pair of haircutters scissors came with the shears, and back in college my best friend, Rachel, and I used to cut each others hair on a regular basis.  

So, how hard is it to cut some bangs on Taylor? 



Apparently, really hard!  I gave her  a mullet.  Poor kid.

I knew I only had one shot, so I just went for it and it ended up like this.  I am very tempted to fix the parts that are slightly longer, but afraid I will make it worse.   Oh well.  At least she is too young to care what her hair looks like.  And it will grow back - I hope! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so funny but she is a cute little mullet. I understand the duty of hair cuts, been there done that with some of same mistakes.

Great Gram

Marisa Phillips said...

Katie, you could put a paper bag on her head and she'd still be the cutest little girl on the block!