Everyone knows how incredibly fast kids grow - especially out of their clothes. It's hard to keep up with what size they are wearing. Taylor must have just gone through a growth spurt because a couple of weeks ago her jeans were just the right length, and now they look like high waters! Sigh.
I had heard about the Just Between Friends consignment sale that comes here twice a year, once before summer with only summer clothes, and once before winter. (click here for their website). It's a traveling sale that goes all over the nation. My friend Cassie reminded me about it, and said they were coming end of February. I decided to go check it out on Thursday since I had heard about it from several people dating back from when I was pregnant.
WOW! They have a ton of stuff for babies/children! Everything from clothes, to cribs, to toys, to shoes, to books, to room decor, to diaper genies, to baby swings and bouncy seats, to baby monitors, to....you get the point. EVERYTHING. It is all very organized by girls and boys stuff, then by size. It's really the perfect place to go if you're pregnant, you can stock up on everything and at great prices. Everything there is 'gently used' (so they say), but who cares when they will outgrow it in a month!
On Thursday I got 17 clothing items, 2 pair of shoes ($3 a piece), an unopened package of diapers ($6), and a toy laptop all for $77!
Cassie also told me that on Sunday everything (except a few things) is 50% off. What?! I decided to go again (without Taylor - I took her this first time) and see what all I could snatch up. I stocked up on stuff from size 18 months (which is what she is in now) to 2T (the size after 24 months). I figure go ahead and get it now, and she will wear it eventually.
This time I got 23 items (a few were for my best friend Rachel's son, Jake) for $55! I was finding whole outfits for $1.50! My thought was, if I even remotely like it I would get it.
I got Taylor's entire spring and summer wardrobe for about $100. You can easily spend $100 on just a few items at any children's clothing store.
Here is what I got
I also got a few dresses that Taylor approves of apparently
Trying to put one on
I even found a dress for Easter Sunday for $6. It looks like it's hardly been worn. I really like it.
And the most important and exciting item that I found...
A Texas Ranger outfit for $2! It came with different shorts than seen here that are probably too big for her now. This would probably cost $35 or $40 in the gift shop. I snatched this one up quick when I saw it, and my heart started beating just a little faster. :)
I can't wait for JBF to come back so I can stock up on winter clothes for next year!
2 comments:
What an amazing shopping trip. You really did well and now Taylor is all set for summer. If only it would get here soon. I am tired of wet cool weather.
Great Gram
Oh my goodness that bathing suit is SO FREAKIN CUTE!!! I'm so glad that you enjoyed the sale. I'm totally kicking myself for not going back on half price day.grrr.
Post a Comment