Saturday, April 10, 2010

Choo Choo Train


On Friday we took Taylor on a train ride!  There is a miniature train that goes over the Trinity River

And through Trinity Park.  I remember going on it with my mom when I was little and wanted to take Taylor on it.  The weather has been weird lately, with rain and random cold fronts, but Friday it was perfect weather.  

Since JT still doesn't have a 'real job' - although we are very grateful for the job he has at Borders, I don't count it as a 'real job'.  Anyways, since we don't have much money coming it right now we are always on the lookout for good, CHEAP fun.  The train ride is only $3 per adult, and I thought Taylor was free but she cost $2.50 to ride.  Oh well, it's better than the $12 for each adult AND $5 to park to go to the zoo!  What a rip off.  I can handle the $5 or $7 to ride the train. 

When we got there we had to wait a little while for the train to come back, so we let Taylor run around and I snagged her for one picture of us in front of the river and apparently the construction site.

I have a sweatshirt tied around my waist, if you're wondering what I am wearing

Not too long after, the train came!  Here she is with JT watching the train come in.

This is her, 'whoa, what is that?' face
We all got on board, and Taylor was very curious what was going on

We all had a great time!  The weather was perfect and so was the scenery.
I hesitated to take Taylor on the train by myself because I really didn't know if she would just sit there.  We all know she is a mover and a shaker, and she never sits still for longer than a couple minutes (if that).  Luckily there is one stop on the way, where the train turns around and you can get out and get popcorn and drinks!  I sent JT to see how much the popcorn cost.  He came back with a decent size box of popcorn that cost $1!  That's my kind of deal.  Taylor's 'sit still' limit was met on the way out, she was climbing all over us, but once we got the popcorn and started heading back she was very happy to eat popcorn, look around and just sit.  Ahhhh.
I kept telling Taylor, 'we are on a choo choo train!  CHOO CHOO!' and would make the hand motion.  She picked it up very quickly and every time the engineer would sound the horn, I would say, 'Choo Choo!' to which she would say 'ch ch!' and raise her arm up.  

Even later that night when I had a softball game and we met Cassie and Hendrix there (her husband, David, plays on the team) Taylor told her about the 'ch ch' train.  

We are looking forward to the warm weather and riding the Ch Ch Train again! 

1 comment:

Cassie said...

This looks like a lot of fun, H and I can't wait to go with y'all next time!