Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Oh, Christmas Tree

Now that birthdays are over (until my mom's on the 27th) we can start thinking about Christmas!  And that means getting and decorating the tree.

The year Taylor is old enough to be interested (for about 2 minutes) in helping decorate.  I bought some shatterproof, plastic balls to go on the tree since we have a tile floor (for now, I want to get carpet) and a 2 year old.  Remember, her favorite toy is still a ball.  So what did she do with the glittery, fits oh-so-nicely in the palm of her hand?  

Took that thing and CHUNKED it at the wall.

Oh dear.  All I could do was shake my head.

To her it's just a ball, and what does she do with balls?  Throws them.  With authority.  

I said, 'No, no no Taylor don't throw those they aren't balls.'  Then I thought, well they ARE balls.  How do you explain it to a 2 year old that they are in fact balls, but you can't throw them?  Sheesh.

Anyways, I did ask her to go over by the tree and hold it up, this is what she did.  Sorry its blurry.  

Well, she did what I said.  That's just not what I had in mind.  

She did help a little, but quickly lost interest.



Here we are the last 3 Christmases decorating the tree


Our tree! 
Next year will be interesting with a 3 year old and a 9 month old that I am sure will be very mobile if she's anything like her sister.  Sounds like an adventure that I can't wait for.  

No comments: