Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Let the Shopping Begin

I am not sure what could top the last post, but I do feel the need to keep writing on here. It is finally sinking in that we are having a girl. Knowing now that she is a girl makes it so much more real. We can think about what she will be like, how she will act or look like, and what to get for her room. I decided yesterday that I would start our baby registry online with Babies R Us! We have been waiting to find out what we were having to buy stuff and register. I have been casually looking online and things, but was looking at both boy and girl things. Now we can actually pick things out! I did buy a pink and white onesie on clearance at Babies R Us last weekend. Since I hadn't bought hardly anything, I wanted to buy at least one thing. We looked around at the strollers, I think I picked the one that I want. JT got it off the shelf and I put my "baby" (purse) in it and pushed it around the aisle...JT laughed. We messed with all the levers and figured out how to detach the carrier from it, and it was all very easy. We tried out some of the gliders/rockers again...that's really the best part of going to the store because you get to sit down! I found that "shopping" online for the baby items is actually a lot better than going to the store because I can read all about the product and the reviews that people write on it! Makes choosing so much easier when you can have instant feedback from Moms or Dads. I picked out a high chair, swing and play mat all online based on what was written about them! How awesome. I do want to hold off on some of the other things until I can see them in the store. Another reason I decided to start our registry was so I won't have to drag JT around the store for hours while we pick out every little thing. This way, I have already picked out some things and have a good idea on others. I can just picture him being so bored while I investigate everything. I am sure our real trip to register will still be long and tiresome, but hopefully I have put a dent in the time we are there. It is so much fun to actually pick things out knowing that we are having a girl, instead of looking at both boy and girl options. I don't know how people do it that aren't finding out their baby's gender...there is hardly anything gender neutral out there! We are going to try and pick out the very best things for our little girl; she is already so special to us.

No comments: