Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Side Effects

Lately I have been feeling pretty good except the splitting headaches that I seem to be getting every night. I don't know if it's because I am not drinking enough water or what! I know headaches are a side effect of pregnancy, but I only seem to get them in the evening when I am home from work. I notice it the most when I have been laying down, then stand up, I get a little light headed and it starts to throb: no fun. I know it's safe to take Tylenol (at least according to my "safe medicine" sheet that the doctor game me) but I don't want to be doped up Tylenol every day, surely that is not good for me or the baby. I will try and drink more water throughout the day (even though I always have some at my desk) and deal with many, many trips to the bathroom.

Another "fun" thing that I have been dealing with for the past few days is a very stuffy, runny nose. I also know that is a side effect of pregnancy. But I think is has to do with the massive amounts of cat hair and dust that we came upon while switching bedroom last weekend. We easily could've made another cat with all the hair we found. It was thoroughly disgusting, needless to say once the baby is here (and before) we are definitely going to make more of an effort to keep the house clean, not just picked up. I thought while we were cleaning/moving that it was just the dust getting to me, but here I sit 3 days later not being able to breath, taste anything, or smell anything (JT made bacon this morning and I couldn't even smell it...bummer). So, I am not sure if I have a slight cold, even though I feel fine, or if this is really the "stuffy, runny nose" side effect I have read about, if it is I don't want to have anything more to do with it. I took an Allegra last night (another one of my "safe medications), that really seemed to help. What didn't help was the stir fry I made last night where I added crushed red pepper (JT likes it), I guess I added a little too much because that really got my nose running again. Sometimes I just don't think my brain works.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This post cracked me up! You sound fully pregnant!!! :)