Friday, July 11, 2008

Thankful

Not only are J.T. and I expecting our first child sometime in the Fall/Winter but our two closest friends in Fort Worth are too. All of our journeys to pregnancy are very different, but am so thankful that we are all going through it together, it really is God working in all of our lives. This picture was taken last summer at one of my triathlons. The reason I used this picture is to try and illustrate how good of friends they are to me. Anyone that has participated in, or watched someone else participate knows how ridiculously early they start. I think this one started around 6:30 am or 7:00, can't remember exactly...it was too early. I didn't even ask them to come out because I sure as heck don't want to get up that early on a weekend, but they both showed up. I felt so loved by them that they came out to basically sit on the ground and try and find me in the masses of people competing. My mom will tell you that watching someone compete in a triathlon is not very exciting as you only see them for about 3 minutes when they are transitioning from the swim to the bike, bike to the run, then finish. I cannot tell you how much that meant to me to have the support of everyone that came out that day.

Kara, the one on the right, has been one of my best friends for my entire life. We were neighbors from the time we were 3 years old, needless to say we know a lot about each other and been through the ringer. We have gone off to college, out of the country, lived in exotic places and still remained very close through it all. I am so thankful to have someone like her in my life, someone that knows everything about me. Her and her husband, Jon, are expecting their first child in early January; 4 weeks behind J.T. and I.

Mari, the one on the left, has become a dear friend to me over the past couple years. I was actually introduced to her and her husband, Dustin, by Kara. While at work (when I am not busy) you will usually find me emailing with her many times throughout the day. They live probably a mile away from us (yes, we drive there), look after each other's cats (when we remember to), and try and get together as much as possible (usually for margaritas...err, not anymore). I don't think we would have been friends if we met somewhere else as our interests are very different but get along very well and am so thankful to have met her; she rocks. Her and Dustin are expecting their first child, a boy, in early November; 4 weeks ahead of J.T. and I.

J.T. and I are so very lucky and blessed to have them in our lives and get to share this special time with. Good friends, good times with many dirty diapers ahead.

5 comments:

Marisa Phillips said...

Katie, that was about the sweetest thing ever. You are too much!!!

Yo Mama said...

KT, as you know from being raised by the "inner sanctum", best friends are one of the best things in life! You and JT are truly blessed with yours.

Anonymous said...

Katie --
that is so sweet... I just woke up and read this - and it starts my day off with a smile. Thank you Katie.
Hey - I am looking forward to those dirty diapers and we got to get them a trampoline when they are older :)

Sadie's momma said...

okay - that above comment was from me - the lovely lady on your right - just didn't have an account - lame.

Anonymous said...

Katie, that is the sweetest post. It sounds like you three are going to have a wonderful support network! I should have put that on the TOP of the baby list of things to have!!! Seriously, nothing can compare to mommy friends who are taking that journey with you. You are blessed. :)