Thursday, October 30, 2008

35 Weeks

Only 5 weeks to go. Ready or not. All is still going very well on the homefront, I am feeling surprisingly well for being so pregnant. The one new occurence that has happened as of late is my emotional state. Last weekend I cried three different times for really no apparent reason. I have always been a pretty emotional person (I am female, afterall) but since being married to a military man, I think I have developed a thicker skin in some aspects. I won't go into the details of what initiated the cry-fests, but the last one takes the cake. JT and I were just talking about all the changes that are about to occur in our lives and how I am still a little apprehensive yet still excited about it all...then start the waterworks. I begin crying for really no reason, I mean I really was fine! And I kept saying through my tears, "I swear I am OK!". The weirdest feeling. I am sure JT was thinking, "Oh yeah, that's what it means when you cry...that you're fine!". I would read about pregnant women that just started crying for no reason and thought, they are dumb, that's for SURE not going to happen to me. Wrong. I am really not in control of my body anymore, and apparently not of my emotions either.

I am now finding myself getting up about 3 times a night to go to the bathroom, which is not fun as I almost knocked myself out on the cabinent we have hung in the bathroom the other night. I may have to get up 3 times to use the bathroom, but I am sure not going to turn on the light and blind myself too.

Moving around is definitely gotten more difficult too. Walking is not so bad and merely sitting at my desk at work is fine. But, when I get home and plop my fat butt on the couch, it takes more than a miracle from God to get me off that thing. I s-t-r-u-g-g-l-e to change positions while lying down which is usually accompained by a series of groans.

The last thing that I have noticed as of late is my fingers swell up from time to time. So much that it hurts to try and take my wedding ring off...JT would pipe in here and say, "why are you trying to take it off? That means you're single, you know?". Pipe down, JT. Anyways. I can feel when they swell up and they look like little, red sausages...definitely not a look I am going for. It's only every once in a while and not for very long. Luckily, I haven't had my feet and ankles swell up at all. I hear stories of women who completely grow out of their shoes while pregnant. I have enough trouble trying to find clothes that cover me up, thank goodness I don't have to find new shoes too!

I go back to the doctor next Friday, and really looking forward to it. She will check my cervix and make her best estimation as to when I will deliver: early/on time/late. I have a feeling I will be late since I am really not that big (so peole tell me) and the last appointment I was measuring a week behind. Let's hope I don't deliver TOO late.

This weekend JT and I will be making our last roadtrip as a family of two when we go visit his family. After this, I am not supposed to leave the area in case I do go into labor. His gracious family is throwing us not one, but TWO showers! One for the ladies at their church and one for the whole family! It should be a great time and we are both looking forward to it.

Enjoy this week's pregnancy cartoon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love reading about your pregnancy and things that JT pipes in and says. I'm glad your glider came, those are worth their weight in gold. Your nursery for sweet little Taylor is looking so gorgeous!