Our glider finally came in after 3 months! We got a message from the grumpy old man that works in the furniture department of Babies R Us (yes, I remember what his voice sounds like) first telling us our guard rails are in...? Then the next message was him correcting himself saying that our GLIDER was in. We have learned that the workers at Babies R Us aren't the smartest. Anyways...
So we went down to the store and picked it up. I, of course, was distracted by the Christmas onesies that they have strategically displayed right inside the front doors for us moms and moms-to-be. I then remembered that when we registered that they were out of the "gift boxes" (I put that in quotes because come to find out these "gift boxes" are just full of coupons...I'd hardly call that a gift) and were told to come back and ask for one later. I am always up for free stuff, so I waddled my way over to the counter to pick up mine. The lady then tells me that there is a $5 off coupon for a purchase of $25 or more. Sweet! Even MORE of a reason to get a Christmas outfit for Taylor. I pick out a red one that says "Baby's First Christmas" with snowmen and reindeer on it (I think) for Christmas day, then one with long sleeves and footies for her to wear to bed on Christmas eve! So cute. I add up the price in my head and it doesn't quite equal $25, so I picked a pink polka dot onesie with long sleeves (something we are lacking) and add that to my purchase. When I get up to the counter, I remembered that I had some money on a gift card from my Grandma! Sweet! So I ended up only paying $8 for the three cute outfits. That's my kind of shopping.
We get the glider in the car and head off to our breastfeeding class we had scheduled that afternoon at the hospital. The class was good, learned some things, watched some videos and were out of there pretty quick. Funny side story: The video doesn't hold anything back as there are mutliple close up shots of this woman's breast, I mean come on, it is a breastfeeding class. I could tell that JT was uncomfortable so I lean over and whisper, "Is this making you uncomfortable?" he quickly replies, "Yes! I am starring at another women's boob with my wife right next to me!!!".
We called Jon to see if he could help JT get the rather large box out of the car (my weight limit to lift is 40 lbs) and help out it together since they had gotten a very similar glider. Jon met us at the house and they got it together in no time! I took pictures to document the event since we had waited so long to get it. It was worth the wait, as it's so comfortable!
Thanks to JT and Jon for putting it together, it rocks! :)
2 comments:
Oh that is an awesome Glider!! I am so glad that it came in!!! I love the colors too. Also, nice job on the purchases of the onesies. I LOVE a bargain and I know you do too!!! :)
Nice!
Post a Comment