Wednesday, November 26, 2008

39 Weeks (almost)

We just got back from my weekly doctor's appointment where I had made progress! I am 70% effaced and 1 cm dilated. Before the doctor checked me, she warned me by saying that a lot of time with first babies that she doesn't see any progress until after the due date. She just wanted to prepare me if I hadn't progressed any, but I had! Her prediction is still that I will deliver around the due date, maybe 1 or 2 days after. So, we wait.

Last night I thought I was going into labor as I felt some pain and tightening in my lower abdomen, which came every 7-8 minutes for about an hour. So, I decided to finish packing my bag and told JT that it wouldn't be a bad idea to pack his too. He looks at me with wide eyes and says, "....Really?" Once I got up and started to move around, the "contractions" went away. After talking to the nurse today, we determined they were just Braxton Hicks contractions (false labor). Those can be tricky! The nurse did tell me when they are real contractions that you feel them in your back and they wrap around to your front and it feels like someone is tightening a belt around you. Can't wait for that.

We go back next Thursday, one day before the due date...assuming we haven't had her yet! Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!

No comments: