Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day

JT is finally home from his 2 week jaunt, just in time for Father's Day! Taylor and I survived...but just barely. :) They started the day off by going down the street to get donuts together while I slept! What a great husband he is to let me sleep while him and Taylor spent some quality time together - after all he IS the morning person of the two of us. They went to get donuts then for a stroll around the neighborhood together - in the favored umbrella stroller, of course. I got up to my coffee maker ready to go, just had to turn it on - what a great guy! I then stole Taylor to put her in the 'I love Daddy' onesie that I bought for her to wear on Father's Day. We then returned with his gift (a framed picture for his office of Taylor and I taken on Mother's Day) along with a recordable card where I got Taylor laughing on it. So, for forever (or until the battery wears out) he will be able to hear his sweet daughter's laughter at 6 months old.




We were going to go to church, but Taylor woke up prematurely from her morning nap, since we knew that would move up her afternoon nap and she would have been pretty cranky the whole time so we nixed it. JT decided he wanted to take a nap so Taylor and I went for a walk around the neighborhood - this time in the jogging stroller, have I mentioned we have THREE strollers?! Seems excessive but one stays in the car, the jogger in the garage and the umbrella on the front porch - it works for us. We spent some time in the backyard (so we wouldn't wake JT) filling the bird feeder, watering the bird bath and bushes and just being silly. Taylor LOVES to watch water so she was having a ball.

We have been experimenting with solid foods and it was getting to be 'experimenting time' so I fed her some sweet potato (homemade, I might add) and applesauce. She absolutely loves applesauce and seemed to like the sweet potatoes too! I'd say this is the face of a happy girl


After Taylor's afternoon nap we headed over to my parents house for a swim. Taylor really likes the water ('atta girl) so she had a great time - I think she got pretty hot (it was a scorcher) so she got kind of fussy but up until then she was having a blast. Here's a cute picture of her and my Dad


After another quick nap (yes, our lives revolve around this child's naptime) at my parents we headed back to our house. JT wanted to go out to eat, just the two of us since he had been gone for 2 weeks, to our favorite mexican food place down the street. My parents babysat while we got some good grub...and margaritas! I got a couple good pictures outside with out neighbors great landscaped yard in the background (HA!) - ours doesn't looks quite this good.

Father and Daughter

Family picture of all 3 of us being silly


JT said he had a great Father's Day. Here's to many, many more to come.

2 comments:

Marisa Phillips said...

Oh Katie!! These pics are the best yet. I love the "happy girl" picture with the empty bowl, and the family self-portrait is CLASSIC. You have to frame that one and keep it forever!!!

Anonymous said...

A wonderful write up about Father's Day and the pictures were excellent. You can sure tell she was glad her father was back home and you were too!

I will have to print out some of those pictures you really did a good job with them and shows a happy family.

Great Grandma Letta