Monday, June 15, 2009

Trip to Salado, TX

In the midst of my 2 weeks as a single mom, my parents, Taylor and I took a trip south to Salado to see my Grandma Letta. We thought it would be a nice break for me as there would be plenty of other hands to help out with the babe - and there was! I caught up on some much needed sleep (I had been waking at night and not being able to go back to sleep) and Taylor got to meet her 2nd or 3rd cousin (we couldn't figure it out) Mikayla (my first cousin's daughter)! She seemed to really enjoy having a playmate (no we aren't ready to give Taylor a sibling yet) for most of the day on Saturday. Mikayla is 9 months old and is crawling, pulling up and cruising everywhere - what I have to look forward to! While the others played golf, Koby (Mikayla's mom), Grandma, the babies and I, played for awhile outside watching the golfers go by - Grandma lives on the Heart of Texas golf hole, and just enjoyed the weather (in the shade that is). Taylor was very much into squealing, something not agreeable with a golf course while Mikalya was more interested in eating the grass. After naptime we got some cute pictures of the cousins together and with Great Grandma Letta.




As I have mentioned before, Taylor loves to be outside really no matter the weather. We had some great weather this weekend so we spent a lot of time on Grandma's back porch overlooking the golf course. My mom had seen some umbrella strollers on sale at CVS and decided to go ahead and get one since all we have is a big bulky one. For some reason Taylor loves it and will stay in it for a long time! She sometimes objects to the big stroller - not sure what it is about it but seems to really enjoy the smaller one. She is always so full of energy, always moving that it's a workout to just hold her in your lap - she won't stay still, so it was nice to have somewhere to sit her down in where everyone is content!




After everyone got back from golf, Travis, Koby, Mikayla, Taylor and I took a walk down to visit Grandpa. He passed away 6 years ago and his wishes were that his family get together to remember the good times (no funeral) and to spread his ashes in a small pond on the golf course that he had picked out for a long time. It's such a peaceful place we saw 4 or 5 deer on the walk down, I can see why he wanted his final resting to be there. We walked out on the bridge, looked out and told him hello and that we were there. I am sure he was looking down on us then with a smile. None of us brought our camera so we didn't get a shot, sorry!

My Dad wanted to get some good shots of his 4 favorite women and I wanted a 4 generation shot as well.


4 generations


And here are some other good ones that we got




We all had a great time and Taylor did very well. I was concerned about her sleeping all night in the pack n play, but she did great! Didn't seem to bother her at all. Thanks Grandma for having us over, can't wait to come back!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great right up and enjoyed the pictures. It was great to have you all there and the trip to Grandpa's bridge was heart warming. I know Travis has done this quite often. So great and I know he was looking down and watching to see his family growing and caring.

Thanks for a good right up and pictures. Come again soon.

Greatgrannie

Anonymous said...

I need to review my comments before posting as you do not have a way to edit.

I miss spelled right for write twice, that is a no no for a writer. :-) Also here instead of there.
greatgrannie again

jon said...

Oh, I love the pics of your family. Great memory. Glad it was a good trip :)
(kara)

Marisa Phillips said...

Her personality just comes out more and more, every day. These pictures are very revealing of her sparkle and happiness, Katie, you are so very blessed.

Sorry so mushy! ;)