Wednesday, March 24, 2010

29

Yesterday was my 29th birthday.  Sigh.  I am knockin' on 30's door!  That sounds so crazy to say it out loud, 'I am almost 30!'  Oh well.

I had a GREAT birthday!  It started on Sunday evening when we went to my parents house for my Dad's famous shish kabobs!  I love them and always ask for them on my birthday.  The weather, however, was not condusive to grilling though, it was in the 30's and very windy.  Nothing the 'grillmaster' can't handle though, he just moved it under the patio


while Taylor and I watched from the comforts of indoors.


Doesn't it look delicious!  

Taylor played around and had a great time like she always does at Nana and Grandpa's


I guess I need to explain this picture...and her outfit!  The skirt she wore to church that morning, but with tights instead of these pants.  I wanted her to wear the skirt to dinner, because I think it's really cute but didn't want to mess with tights and diaper changes for the rest of the afternoon/evening.  So we just put pants on her with the skirt over top - much easier to deal with pants than tights with a very active/squirmy 1 year old.  And the bib, I had just fed her some of her dinner before the kabobs were ready.  AND the crazy basket/hat on her head!  Taylor loves to dig in the kitchen cabinets, well she found this and put it on her head!  Silly girl.  This picture just makes me laugh, the outfit, the hat, everything! 

All of this was going on while JT was taking a nap.  He can sleep anywhere.

I wore my '29' sweatshirt to honor the day!  

A family picture

And here we are last year celebrating my birthday - it was a lot warmer that day!

One of me and sweet Taylor.  I just love this picture because of her sweet smile.  I don't have many pictures of just me and her, especially with her smiling - I am always the one with the camera!  And I think we look alike.

On my actual birthday, I went out to lunch just my mom and I and later that night Taylor had a sleepover at Nana and Grandpa's house!  JT and I went out and had a nice dinner together just the two of us.  It was nice to get out, have uninterrupted conversation, and just enjoy each other's company....but boy, did we miss Taylor!  We came home to an empty, albeit quiet, house. it felt strange.  Not strange enough to go pick her up...but still strange.  She had a great time at her sleepover - thanks Nana and Grandpa for the night out!  

29 is my favorite number, was even my softball number in college so I just know this is going to be a great year.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures and a wonderful way to celebrate your birthday. Just 29 and I am sure it will be a good year.

Grandma Letta

Anonymous said...

sounds like fun Katie & relaxing. Yea!! Just what a mom with a toddler needs :)
Hope to hang out soon!
(Kara)