I have mentioned before that Taylor loves to play with balls. My friend, Rachel, sent her 100 balls that you find in ballpits at various kid places. My original idea was to make a ballpit for her out of the pack n play, but she never really liked it. Again, she doesn't like to be confined - even if surrounded by 100 brightly colored balls.
So, I put the balls away. Meaning I put them back in the mesh bag they came in, and put them behind the glider in her room.
Well, sure enough she has now found them and will drag them out and whine for someone to unzip the bag.
And this is what she does
Vigorously shakes the bag and dumps them all out, sending some of them flying. She isn't satisfied with just a few of them out, oh no, it must be all 100. Give or take 5 or 6, those have been dispersed throughout the house.
Notice at the end her potty. No I am not potty training her yet, just want to have it when we are both ready. She demands to be in the bathroom with me when I, ahem, potty so I figure why not get one for her. She understands the word potty and where hers is, but that's about as far as we have gotten. And as you can see, her main interest is taking it apart.
Anyways, back to the balls. Once she gets them all out, plays with them (meaning throws them everywhere) and we tell her it's time to put the balls away she helps by putting them back in the bag. Pretty impressive. I know she learned it from The Little Gym where they play with balls, then put them away at the end of class. She has done so well helping in class and at home with putting things away, even helping with emptying the dishwasher (we know that won't last forever). We are so proud!
Now if we can only get her to fold and put away the laundry.
2 comments:
Loved the video, shaking until every last ball was out. Oh and I totally LMAO when I saw the picture of the week "emailing her crew".
I think I'm going to steal the pic of the week idea-love it!
This is so funny but she is learning and helping put them away too. The potty chair topped it all off. It is all a learning process for you too.
Great Gram
Post a Comment