Saturday, May 1, 2010

Mayfest


see the bird that flew by right as I snapped the picture?
On Friday evening, after JT got off work, we headed out to Mayfest!  Mayfest is an annual festival type thing that has been going on in Trinity Park in Fort Worth for as long as I can remember.  

There is food galore, games, petting zoo, live music, face painting, arts and crafts, even a haunted house (in May?) and lots more.  Mayfest seems to be cursed as every year it seems to rain, one year a lot of people got hurt with very large hail, and last year it was even cancelled because of the swine flu scare!  Anyways, we took our chances and headed out.

As I have mentioned in previous posts, we are always looking for good, cheap fun.  Well, Mayfest is NOT cheap.  But it is fun.  They charge you $5 to park, $8/adult just to get in, THEN you have to pay for everything else.  Food, games, petting zoo, you name it you have to pay.  Luckily, I got our tickets half price online on tax day and we saved our money that week so we could get some good festival food.  

We got a corn dog, which Taylor thoroughly inspected and ate a few bites.


And JT got a funnel cake.  Taylor really liked that.  Like father, like daughter.



There was a great country band playing near the playground (where we spent most of our time, so yes we paid to play on the playground at a park) that apparently Taylor really liked!  


Is that not the cutest?  I think so.


JT took her into the petting zoo, while I sat down!  I was too lazy to get any pictures, and we had a long trek back to the car so I wanted to sit down for a few minutes.  Chasing after a 16 month old wears me out!  And merely walking around wears me out too, always has.  

We all had a great time! 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the video! I think Taylor gets her "dancing gene" from my Nana (GG).

Nana

Anonymous said...

Thats funny Jackie as I was going to say the same thing. She will be a show girl!

Great Grannie

Detrick Blog said...

Hahah, She has your rhythm! what a funny girl!