Taylor has been one sick kid over the past week. She started feeling bad on Monday afternoon with a slight fever when she went to bed that night.
She woke Tuesday morning with a fever, but decided to just see how she did throughout the day before calling the doctor. She seemed to be getting worse at the day went on, so I made an appt for the afternoon.
About an hour before the appt, her fever spiked to 104! Panic mode set in. I tried calling the doctor to see if we could come right in, but was on hold forever! I said, 'forget it!' hung up, and we were off to the doctor's office!
After a battery of tests (I will spare you all the horrible details) they didn't know exactly what it was, but knew it was a bacterial infection. They gave Taylor an aggressive antibiotic shot, a prescription for an antibiotic and told me to call if she got worse in any way.
The next day her fever went all the way up to 104.7!
P-A-N-I-C.
I called the nurse, who talked to the doctor, calmed my nerves, and told me that she was on the right medication and if it got over 105 to call again. Easy for them to say, they weren't looking at a slight comatose child! Taylor was just a lump on the couch, it was so sad. They continued to tell me if she had a fever in the morning, the doctor wanted to see her again.
At 6 am her fever was back up to 104.2.
Back to the doctor we go. They did more blood work and determined that she was, in fact, getting better as her white blood cell and bacteria count wasn't nearly as high.
Relief!
The doctor said he thought she should be feeling better by Saturday. Well, that's today and here is a picture from this morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment