Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day

JT had to work all day on Mother's Day, so we started celebrating on Friday!  All 3 of us went out to eat to our favorite restaurant.  Before we left I wanted to get a nice mother-daughter picture.  

But, Taylor had other ideas.  Oh well.  

There is a small park right across the street from the restaurant, so now every time we eat there we walk over to the park and have Taylor burn off some energy!  

She can now climb up the ladder (with one of us behind her in case she falls)
All the way up to the top where she slides down by herself.  
She is becoming very independent.

Another attempt at a mother-daughter picture.  This time it's a little bit better.


Here we are last year on Mother's Day.  
Taylor and I went to see my parents on Sunday afternoon while JT was working, so we got to celebrate with my mom too!  

I wanted to go to Curly's and get frozen custard like we did last year but it was freezing outside!  Ok, maybe not freezing, but it was pretty windy, in the 60's, and cloudy.  Those don't equal eating frozen stuff to me.  

So, we went to Starbucks instead.  Where Taylor got her very, first coffee drink.

Are you kiddin' me?!  That kid does NOT need caffeine!  We got her a chocolate milk.  Gotcha ;)

And I finally got my great mother-daughter picture.
Silly kid.  

It was a great weekend celebrating motherhood.  Now that I am a mom, I think Mother's Day should be once a month.  I think all moms out there would agree.  

Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great Mothers Day. Remember there is caffine in Chocolate. :-)

Great Gram