Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Halloween!

I was pretty excited for Halloween this year since Taylor was a year older and we could go trick or treating.  I knew she really wouldn't get it, but knew if I told her we were going to get candy she would be all about it!  The kid has a serious sweet tooth...of course so do her mom and dad. 

 
I was so excited when I found an Elmo costume at the semi-annual consignment sale that I go to in her size!  I snatched it up for $6 and couldn't wait to show Taylor.  Well, she loved it but she would NOT put it on!  I really have no idea why, I mean, she doesn't have any reason to be scared of it.  I did 'force' it on her one day while watching a movie (distracted) then ran to the mirror to show her that she was Elmo!  She really could care less and just wanted it off.  Bummer, maybe she will wear it next year, it is a little big on her.  

So, I had to figure out what to put on her since we were going trick or treating and at preschool they had a day for the kids to dress up.   I thought of the BEST 'costume' for her - seeing as how the Rangers were in the World Series (look for that post coming soon) and Nana got her a new Ranger shirt, she could be a Rangers player!  Perfect.  It's still normal clothes, but I could pull her socks up and put her hair in pigtails.  It was the best costume since game 4 of the World Series was on Halloween.  

She was VERY, VERY excited to go trick or treating.  Kids started coming to the door and she saw us handing them candy, well she wanted some!  So, I hurried to get her 'costume' and get her hair up.  This was the only picture I got before we went out because she wanted to go!  

We told her to say trick or treat at the door, she would say 'treat' and hold up her bucket.  She caught on real fast to this trick or treating thing


And here she is in action.  I like how she looks back at us almost in a panic when the lady went to get the candy as to say, 'where the heck is the candy?!'.  Taylor is sometimes shy at first at going up to strangers...apparently not when they have candy.  


We let her have a few pieces of candy corn after we got home...JT and I (ok, mostly me) have put a pretty good dent in the stash already :)


Happy Halloween! 

2 comments:

Laura and Lane said...

adorable! i miss yall!

Cassie said...

Love how she licks her lips at the end of the video! Don't feel bad for eating too much candy, you are just sharing with Baby Dos.