Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving

We had quite a busy Thanksgiving week!  We celebrated with JTs parents the weekend before when they came to visit us.  Where Taylor and Grandma blew lots of bubbles outside.

On Tuesday before Thanksgiving Taylor and I headed for Fort Worth to spend the rest of the week with Nana and Bapa.  Taylor didn't have school all week and we were having some painting done in the house, so we headed out!  

Taylor must have been going through a major growth spurt because she ate A LOT while we were there.   Here she is with Bapa at Jason's Deli partaking in the free ice cream.  I just love this sequence of pictures.

Just getting started and already its on her shirt

OK, now Bapa can have some too
Nope!  Spilled some more.  Taylor thought it was quite funny.  And so did I as I snickered from the other side of the table taking pictures of it all.  
We had a lot of fun.  

Watching movies with Bapa.  (especially Charlie Brown Thanksgiving and Monsters, Inc - Taylor's favorites these days)

Reading the morning paper with Nana and Daddy (who came a day later than us)
And visiting her old flame, Hendrix!  (who will be a big brother in June!)
Ironically, I didn't get any pictures of our Thanksgiving dinner.  Taylor slept through the ENTIRE thing!  I still can't believe it but she slept from 1 pm until 6 pm!  AND I had to go in there and wake her up so she would go back to sleep for bedtime.  She must have been so tired, because it took her a good 45 min to wake up.  She was like this with Nana for a long time.

Craziest thing I have ever seen.  

Once she got up she had a few bites of corn casserole.  After I shoved it in her face for probably the 5th time trying to get her to eat more saying 'it's corn, it's corn, you like it', she finally stuck out her finger pointing at the corn and said very emphatically, 'NO CORN!!!'.  We all cracked up.  Even my mom heard her from the other room.  OK, the girl doesn't want anymore corn.     

On Friday we went to Granbury Live for a Christmas show!  Taylor loves music and dancing so we knew she would absolutely love it.


Trying to get a group shot of Nikki's kids (who came to the show) and Taylor.  This is the best we got. 

A family shot

We had a great Thanksgiving with lots of fun.  I will leave you with Taylor wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I just love the icecream and newspaper pictures.
Love
Aun Linna