The Rangers finally made it to The World Series. I told JT during the season that if they ever made it all the way, I would want to be there. I couldn't think of anyone better than my Dad to go with.
We have been going to games together ever since I can remember. We saw Nolan Ryan pitch his 7th no hitter and when Robin Ventura charged the mound. I don't really remember much, but I know I was there. There is no bigger stage in baseball than The World Series. And we had tickets!
We decided to get there really early and experience everything. And wouldn't you know that we saw batting practice and I got a ball!!!!
I have been to enough games to know if you yell loud enough and are obnoxious enough, they will throw you a ball - especially at batting practice. I have to give my Dad the assist as he did a full body block on the guy next to him trying to get the same ball. Never underestimate a pregnant washed up softball player. Never.
I got to meet up with a few friends who I knew were at the game
Janis who I played softball with in college, who did break my homerun record. We are finally back on speaking terms.
My friend Heather from when I used to work for the Rangers. She still works there and got us in the ballpark before the gates opened.
There were so many people there, found out later it was the biggest crowd in the history of the ballpark - over 52,000! We were going to walk around the stadium right before they opened the gates but ran into a sea of people and we were trapped! Remember this is 3 hours before the game is supposed to start!!!
After we got in.
It was so crowded you couldn't even walk, and they had police officers to direct you! Crazy. Anyways, the game itself was amazing - they won!!! It's too bad it was the only World Series game they did win as they ended up losing the series to the Giants. But, I can say I was at the only World Series game the Rangers have ever won - and was there with my Dad. I will remember that day forever.
1 comment:
What a great day! One of the best ever. Being with you, at the Ballpark and in the World Series...how good is that? Love you Katie.
Dad
Post a Comment