Yesterday ws J.T.'s very first father's day! I know he's a father-to be, but it counts! He has been out of town for the past month to Las Vegas, New Mexico (yes, it does exist) for a Geology "rock dig" for school. A month is pretty long to be gone for a school trip, but they didn't ask me. He blew through here this weekend. He got in around 7:30 pm on Saturday night, after driving 12 hours in a 15 passenger van...I have been there and it's NOT fun. This trip happened to fall right on his 2 week Marine Corps reserve training that he is required to do every summer, and it's in El Paso, Texas. So yes, he drove from New Mexico to Fort Worth, to get on a plane the next morning to El Paso. His flight was Sunday morning at 10:40 am. He was home for 13 hours. Before we left for the airport, and after he finished packing we did a short and sweet celebration where I got him a movie and this onesie that I thought was cute. It says "My DaaDa is #1" that I got at Target. Then is was off to the airport...stopping at Whataburger on the way for some Taquitos! I dropped him off and he was gone, this time for only 6 days. When he gets back, he will just have to go to Grand Prairie everyday to make up for the first week that he missed.
I didn't forget about my Dad on Father's Day :) We, of course, played golf at Ridglea and then came home and WATCHED golf. Golf, golf, and more golf. It was definitely hot outside, I heard on the radio this morning that it was 101 on Sunday, YOWZA! We went home and watched the last round of the U.S. Open that he had recorded. It was a waste of 2 hours since it ended in a tie and goes into a 18 hole playoff today. All in all, it was a good day filled with Father's and fathers-to be! Next Father's Day will be very different. :)
2 comments:
WOW!!! And I thought our life was busy... You guys win! We went to church and my parents came home with us and we all had beef nachos for lunch. After that I made some chocolate chip cookies for my dad and will hopefully make a batch today for Aaron. Lol, I'm almost embaressed to say all this after your hectic schedule! I did think the onsie was adorable!
Awww, good job Katie!! Way to make that first Fathers Day special. JT, we'll see you when you get back!
Post a Comment