This morning we had another doctor's appt., I am 17 weeks along today. We got there 30 minutes early because the last time we had a Thursday appointment, we had to wait an hour just to get in! Thursday's are sonogram days and there were LOTS of pregnant people there that one appointment. This time, we waited maybe 2 minutes and got called back. To my surprise I had gained 6 pounds since the last appointment last month! YIKES! I looked at the scale and said "WHOA!". The nurse said to cut back on the carbs and desserts. She then saw that I had only gained 8 pounds overall and said that was excellent...so maybe a few desserts isn't so bad. I had only gained 1 pound each time I went to the doctor, so I was really eating whatever I wanted because I wasn't gaining much weight....well, it's here! My appetite has definitely come back in full force! I am still not really showing yet (so no pictures to post), but my pants definitely don't fit anymore and I have to unbutton most of them. We then got to hear the heartbeat again. This was J.T.'s first time (my second) to hear it. The nurse put the doppler on my stomach and J.T.'s eyes got real wide and looked a little stunned, I don't think he knew that we would get to hear it today...surprise! Still a great heartbeat, this time 154 beats per minute. He then said in the car, that was the coolest thing so far even more so than the first sonogram. Speaking of sonograms, we did not have one today but made the appointment for the BIG SONOGRAM (as they like to call it) for July 24th. Yes, we have to wait another month to find out if we will be buying pink or blue, but at least now we know when it is and can look forward to it. I will be 21 weeks along then. Everything is going exceptional with no complications at all. We are so blessed to have this healthy, little life growing inside of me! Can't wait to meet him/her!
3 comments:
Raising the staked to $5 on girl. Any takers? Oh, and the onesie you got JT on Father's Day is cute, but I don't think it'll fit.
I knew your appetite was back when you wouldn't let go of the bowl of cheese dip last Sunday! Glad everything is going well and the heartbeat is strong. I can't wait to be someone's "Nana".
Awww that sounds so fun and so sweet! Although I have a HARD time believing that you could ever put on weight. I can't wait until next month!!! :)
Post a Comment