Thursday, October 9, 2008

32 Weeks

I had my 32 week appointment this morning that had just a small scare. They always take a urine sample, weigh me, take my blood pressure and listen to Taylor's heartbeat. After the nurse took my blood pressure she asks if I have had trouble with my blood pressure in the past. I told her no, that it's usually pretty low. I asked what it was today...she said, "I don't want to tell you and have you get worked up because I am going to take it again in a minute". So I am thinking, how high is it?! So, I lay down and we listen to Taylor's heartbeat that was a strong 140 beats per minute this time and she tells me to stay laying down and she is going to take my blood pressure that way. Trying to remain calm and not have my blood pressure go up, she takes it again. She says, "perfectly normal! 110/70". Thank goodness. She said the first time it was 150/90...YIKES! She thought she must have had the cuff too tight the first time...and I do remember thinking, how tight is she going to pump this sucker up? All is going very well and even got a compliment from the doctor on my weight gain, she said, "your weight gain is fabulous". YES! I am guessing the 6 cookies I have had over the past two days (3 last night and 3 the night before) haven't quite settled onto my thighs just yet. The doctor also measured my belly to make sure the baby is the right size and she said all looks good and that I am not too big and not too small...which translates into the baby being too big or too small. She also felt down low and said the baby was head down, I said, "I could've told you that as she keeps kicking me in the ribs". She said, "yes they tend to do that at this point". Good to see the doctor has a sense of humor. :)

Here are some updated pictures from this morning and also another pregnancy cartoon.







This should pretty much sum up how all pregnant women feel about those skinny minnies out there. Just take your skinny jeans and get outta here! :)

3 comments:

Laura and Lane said...

Well aren't you just the cutest! And may I add that I love that you are wearing a pink shirt! Even if you didn't plan wearing that for your little girl it is still adorable! You are really great at this baby thing!!!!!!! You look fantastic! :)

Anonymous said...

You look completely and totally adorable!!!!

Marisa Phillips said...

lookin good!! :)