Thursday was Taylor's first time swimming! Mari and Clark had invited us over earlier in the week and I could NOT wait. We were supposed to go on Tuesday to my parents house, but I was rudely awoken by loud thunder that morning where disappointment quickly followed when I knew swimming was out that day. Taylor decided to take one of her marathon 2 hour naps before we were to go over to Mari's - there I was sitting in the living room in my swimsuit, our bag packed, listening oh-so-closely to the monitor just waiting for Taylor to wake up. The first sound that I heard, I rushed in there where she was still waking up and rubbing her eyes. Poor girl didn't know what kind of swim freak her mom is! I gave her a few more minutes to wake up, then got her in her new swim suit, swim diaper (where she of course pooped in it in the car, then had to be changed over at Mari's delaying the swimming even MORE) and we were OFF! Of course I was prepared for some crying, and even some screaming as she does let you know when she is not happy. We eased on in with Mari and Clark where she did really good, not fussing at all. Then I guess I got a little too deep for her (the water is still a little chilly) where she cried some, but Clark was very nice and shared his turtle, sun shade floatie! She was all about it! She was kicking her legs and looking all around - she loved it! And of course I did too. She doesn't know it, but she WILL learn to love the water :)
Taylor, Clark (turned the other way) and I in the pool! Guess this is what it would be like to have twins - SCARY!

At this point she wasn't too sure on the swimming, so I was trying to distract her from the chilly water

Here she is enjoying her other copacabana! The front part has a little area where they can splash the water, Taylor decided to put her face down in it - she didn't like that too much. Notice their dog Scottie in the background - they call him 'Nursemaid Scottie' as he has been right next to Clark ever since they brought him home from the hospital to make sure they are doing things right I guess! We can call him 'Lifeguard Scottie' here.
And a cute on I snapped of us to remember her first time swimming!
Here I sit in the living room yet again in my swimsuit waiting for Taylor to wake from her nap - we are going over to my parents for round #2! Hopefully we will get some more cute pictures.
Thanks Mari and Clark for having us over, it was a blast!
2 comments:
Oh I LOVE the pictures you got, they are so great!! I'm so glad Taylor had a good time in the pool. We'll have many more opportunities over the summer! Eleanor, better come on over before all the fun's been had!
Those are great pictures!! She will love them when she gets older!
Post a Comment